ASM / PLAY WORKER / UNDERSTUDY
The Herd Theatre are looking for a brilliant performer with experience of working with children, to join us on a tour of our early years show SLIME in Spring 2022. We're after someone with a keen interest in work for young audiences to take on a multi-faceted role - supporting with Stage Management duties, facilitating play with audiences and understudying one of the show's roles.
ABOUT THE SHOW
SLIME is The Herd's 5* show for 2-5 year olds about working together when things get sticky. Set in an immersive, sensory garden, the show follows Slug and Caterpillar and their quest for a leaf. Told with a handful of BSL integrated words, an electro-pop score, and featuring time to stay, play and explore the set, SLIME is an accessible theatre experience for all audiences. SLIME has toured the UK to venues including Northern Stage, Stephen Joseph Theatre and Imagine Festival at The Southbank Centre. During the Edinburgh Fringe 2019, the show was shortlisted for the Venues North Edinburgh Fringe Award, recommended by The Guardian and received 4 stars in The Stage.
'A microscopic world of epic adventure... with or without kids it's a howling delight.' The Guardian
Find out more about the show here.
ABOUT THE TOUR
SLIME is touring the UK this Spring to venues including Cambridge Junction, Arc Stockton, Lawrence Batley Theatre, Arts Depot and The Albany. Rehearsals will take place in Hull from 12th -25th March and the show will then tour from 26th March - 24th April with most venues in London and the South East.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with get ins and get outs - constructing the show's immersive auditorium.
- Assisting with setting up the show's lighting and sound. Knowledge of sound and lighting is desirable but not essential.
- Welcoming audiences into the space and facilitating SLIME play after the show - talking to family audiences, encouraging creativity and play.
- Ensuring audiences feel welcome in the space whatever their access needs - sign posting audiences to the show's access resources when needed.
- Understudying one of the show's roles incase of cast illness.
£548 per week, total £3,290
Plus accommodation, travel and subs when working away from home.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com